What does Behatokia do?
- Gathers and processes complaints made by citizens when their Basque language rights are not respected in Euskal Herria, when these rights are denied, or when citizens are discriminated against for trying to enforce these rights.
- Develops initiatives to guarantee language rights to citizens that want to live in Basque.
- Makes studies and reports about the state of language rights.
- Spreads knowledge about language rights and defends the natural right that the Bascophone community has to use and develop their mother tongue in every social arena.
- Organizes campaigns to raise public awareness and sensitivity of the language rights of Bascophone citizens as a fundamental human right.
- Takes preventive measures to guarantee the social presence of Basque in areas where the most public influx occurs.